Pre-K For All
Dreamland Day Care Inc
1379 West 7 St
Brooklyn, NY 11204
- Breakfast Lunch and Supper / Snacks
- Indoor and outdoor onsite playspace.
- Pre-K Hours: 8:30AM till 2:50PM
- Early Drop Off Available: 7AM
- Late Pick Up Available: 6PM
Dear parents it is our pleasure to announce that Dreamland Day Care is currently working with the New York City Department of Education to bring Pre-K for all to those families who apply with NYC DOE.
Accepting your round 2 offer
By now parents should have received their round 2 offer letters. Families who applied online can access their offer letters by clicking on the following link
Families who applied over the phone or in person will receive their letter in the mail. To accept your Round 2 offer, please make arrangements with the our daycare to pre-register in person with the required documentation by Thursday, June 30. If you do not register by June 30, your seat may be offered to a family that is on the waitlist.
What to Bring
- Child’s birth certificate, passport, or record of baptism which includes the date of birth, or other official document of age (SeeChancellor’s Regulation A-101 for documents accepted for proof of age)
- Immunization records
- Latest report card/transcript (if available)
- Proof of address which may be verified by any two of the following containing the address of residence:
- A lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence
- A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by a utility company (e.g., National Grid or Con Edison), must be dated within the past 60 days
- A bill for cable television services provided to the residence; must include the name of the parent and the address of the residence and be dated within the past 60 days
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the IRS, the City Housing Authority, Human Resources Administration, the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor or the federal Office of Refugee Settlement, indicating the resident’s name and address, must be dated within the past 60 days
- A current property tax bill for the residence
- A water bill for the residence dated within the past 90 days
- Rent receipt which includes the address of the residence, must be dated within the past 60 days
- State, city, or other government issued identification (including an IDNYC card), which has not expired and includes the address of residence
- Income tax form for the last calendar year
- Official NYS Driver’s License or learner’s permit which has not expired
- Official payroll documentation from an employer issued within the past 60 days such as a pay stub with home address, a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt (a letter on the employer’s letterhead is not adequate); must include home address and be dated within the past 60 days
- Voter registration documents, which include the name of the parent and the address of residence
- Unexpired membership documents based upon residency (e.g., neighborhood residents’ association), which include the name of the parent and the address of residenceEvidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers documents issued within the past 60 days with name of child and address of residence
- * If you are not the leaseholder of your residence, you must submit a Residency Affidavit.
Our programs have been identified as providing a high quality educational experience for children and with the resources available to us through Free Pre-K and The Department of Education, this will provide us further effective guidance in preparing children for Kindergarten. Additionally, the program offers teacher trainings as well as a reduced tuition for the families of qualified children. .
At Dreamland Day Care we are committed to offering your children the very best preschool programme which encourages open-ended exploration, discovery and investigation. The curriculum is designed to enhance each child's self-confidence and to build each child's self-esteem and it gives the children the opportunity for optimum growth in academics, socialization, physical fitness, and emotional wellbeing.
If you live in New York City and your child is turning 4 years this year, it’s time to start thinking about pre-kindergarten for September. Our Free Pre-K for all Program is a full day (6 hours and 20 minutes). The school hours for the age group of 4-5 years old Pre-K program will be from 8:30am -2:50pm followed by our afterschool day care. Early drop off from 7.00am and extended hours from 2:50 to 6:00pm are available at an additional cost.
Pre-kindergarten is a time of personal growth and exploration for your child’s development and throughout the year this can happen at different stages and times, but there are some milestones based on research, theory, and practice that children are expected to achieve by the end of prekindergarten year.
Our curriculum is based on five domains of development:
1. Approaches to Learning – how children become involved in learning and acquiring knowledge.
2. Physical Development and Health – children’s physical health and ability to engage in daily activities
3. Social and Emotional Development – the emotional competence and ability to form positive relationships that give meaning to children’s experiences in the home, school and larger community
4. Communication, Language and Literacy – children’s understanding, creating, and communicating meaning.
5. Cognition and Knowledge of the World – what children need to know and understand about their world and how they apply what they know including math, science, social studies, the arts, and technology.
We are excited at the prospect of applying our experience with the help of the Department of Education to apply this curriculum in our daily activities: and will be looking forward to announcing further news on our Pre-K for all programme in the coming months. If you have any further questions regarding Pre-K for all please do not hesitate to call 718 232 8155 to arrange a visit to our day care.